Iminentsearch.com Removal Instructions (Uninstall Iminentsearch.com)
Iminentsearch.com belongs to the category of browser hijackers, because it can replace your browser settings without your notice. The hijacker affects all well-known browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and others. It may be promoted as a useful search tool that can bring you the best results from different search engines, but that is not what it actually does.
The hijacker’s main purpose is to expose you to adverts and thus boost online traffic. That is how it makes profit. If you wish to go back your original settings and eliminate the unnecessary ads from your browsers, you will have to terminate Iminentsearch.com.
How does Iminentsearch.com work?
If you are not sure how the hijacker ended up in your system, you should know that it usually travels in freeware and shareware bundles. The hijacker and other potentially unwanted apps may have been presented to you during the installation process of free software. If you do not pay attention to it, you agree to all additional offers unwittingly. That is not a good idea. You should avoid programs that are attached to freeware, because they are almost always completely useless. If you choose the Advanced installation mode and decline all optional offers, you will be able to install only the software that you actually need.
Your home page and default search provider get switched to Iminentsearch.com as soon as the hijacker takes over. The website presents you with a search box and not much else. The search box reroutes you to Google.com, despite the fact that, according to its description, it should present you with original results. In addition to altering your browser preferences, the hijacker causes other troubles as well. It floods you with ads, redirects you to unknown pages, slows down your surfing speed, and so on. You should not hesitate to delete Iminentsearch.com from your browsers.
How to remove Iminentsearch.com?
In order to eliminate Iminentsearch.com from all of your browsers, you will have to choose between manual ant automatic removal options. If you wish to remove Iminentsearch.com manually, you will have to identify and uninstall its related software from your PC and then fix your browsers. Instructions below can help you with that. If, on the other hand, you prefer the more reliable solution, i.e. automatic Iminentsearch.com removal, you will have to implement an anti-malware utility. You can download the security software from our site and use it to scan and clean your PC. It will delete Iminentsearch.com and other threats, and help you keep your computer protected from now on.
Learn how to remove Iminentsearch.com from your computer
Step 1. Manual Iminentsearch.com Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
Step 2. Eliminate Iminentsearch.com from browsers
a) Delete Iminentsearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Iminentsearch.com
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Iminentsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Iminentsearch.com and set a new search engine
c) Iminentsearch.com removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Iminentsearch.com and set a new provider
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.