Black Shades Virus Removal Instructions (Uninstall Black Shades Virus)
Black Shades Virus is a Trojan infection that allows cyber criminals to remotely control the target computer. It falls into the category of ransomware as its main goal is to make you transfer a certain amount of money to the hackers.
The parasite spreads through corrupted links, fake videos, bogus patches and cracks, spam emails, and so on. Once inside, it encrypts your data, making it inaccessible to you, and then demands a ransom payment to be made. We urge you not to follow these instructions, and, instead, terminate Black Shades Virus as soon as you can.
How does Black Shades Virus work?
Once the parasite infiltrates your computer, it starts the encryption process. It uses the AES-256 encryption and affects files stored in the following folders on the C: drive: Downloads, Documents, Desktop, Pictures, Music, Videos, and C:\Users\Public. The malware also corrupts photos, documents, presentations, videos, and similar data on other drives as well. All corrupted files have the .silent extension appended to them. After the encryption process, the malicious program creates a file called YourID.txt and adds it to all folders containing encoded files.
If you open the “Hacked_Read_me_to_decrypt_files.html” file, you will be presented with the ransom note. The note contains information on what has happened to your files and how you can regain access to them. It suggests that you pay $30 worth of Bitcoins or transfer the payment via PayPal. If you do that, you will supposedly receive the decryption key, which will restore your data. Needless to say, trusting cyber criminals to do what they promise is not the best idea. We urge you not to follow their instructions and not to waste your money. You should delete Black Shades Virus without hesitation and find a different way to recover the corrupted files.
How to remove Black Shades Virus?
Black Shades Virus removal can be completed with a powerful anti-malware utility. It will scan your computer and detect all harmful components present on your PC. The utility will delete Black Shades Virus along with other threats. Moreover, after you remove Black Shades Virus from your computer, the anti-malware tool will ensure that it stays clean and safeguarded in the future by providing it with real-time online protection. Once Black Shades Virus removal is complete, you will be able to try restoring your data. If you have your files backed up, you should have no trouble recovering them. If not, you can implement one of the file decryptors that are available online or try using the Windows System Restore feature.
Learn how to remove Black Shades Virus from your computer
Step 1. Manual Black Shades Virus Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
Step 2. Eliminate Black Shades Virus from browsers
a) Delete Black Shades Virus from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Black Shades Virus
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Black Shades Virus from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Black Shades Virus and set a new search engine
c) Black Shades Virus removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Black Shades Virus and set a new provider
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.