Search.mediatab.tv Removal Guide
Search.mediatab.tv is a search engine that you will be redirected to every time you open your Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox browsers. It pretends to be a very useful search engine that can provide accurate search results; however, the truth is that it is nothing more than a fake search engine that is created to promote third-party websites.
If you have already spotted Search.mediatab.tv, you should know that you can get rid of it any time. In other words, it is not a must to use it as your primary search tool. Unfortunately, it will not be very easy for you to delete Search.mediatab.tv from browsers because this search engine does not have an uninstaller like ordinary programs.
How does Search.mediatab.tv act?
Search.mediatab.tv is spread through software bundles, so it sets itself on browsers without permission. It means that you will have to use this search engine unless you delete Search.mediatab.tv from your PC. We suggest doing that as soon as possible because Search.mediatab.tv is known to be an untrustworthy search engine because it provides users with all kinds of advertisements in order to increase the traffic rate of particular websites. Unfortunately, it might promote bad websites too, so users have to be very careful. Actually, this does not help much either because even the most experienced users find it hard to recognize advertisements. What is more, it has been found that Search.mediatab.tv might spy on users. Specialists have managed to reveal that Search.mediatab.tv is primary interested in users’ browsing habits; however, it might also record personal information like name, surname, and address. It is up to you whether to keep this undesirable search engine and allow it to act like that or remove Search.mediatab.tv from browsers and stop it from doing that. If you decide to implement the Search.mediatab.tv removal, continue reading and you will find out how to do that.
How did Search.mediatab.tv browser hijacker appear on my browsers?
Search.mediatab.tv usually comes in software bundles together with various free applications that can be downloaded from third-party websites like softonic.com. In most cases, it does not even need permission to enter systems because users allow it to sneak onto the computer by installing the free application from the web. There are hundreds of undesirable programs that act in a similar manner, so you should be more careful in the future and do not forget to take care of the computer’s security. You can do that by installing the security tool after you implement the Search.mediatab.tv removal.
How can I remove Search.mediatab.tv?
If you want to uninstall Search.mediatab.tv from browsers once and for all, you will have to reset browsers one by one in order to remove extensions of this hijacker and set default settings. If this does not work, you should scan your computer with an automatic malware remover. It will terminate Search.mediatab.tv for you within seconds, but, of course, you will have to acquire the tool first and install it on your computer.
Learn how to remove Search.mediatab.tv from your computer
Step 1. Manual Search.mediatab.tv Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
Step 2. Eliminate Search.mediatab.tv from browsers
a) Delete Search.mediatab.tv from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Search.mediatab.tv
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Search.mediatab.tv from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Search.mediatab.tv and set a new search engine
c) Search.mediatab.tv removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Search.mediatab.tv and set a new provider
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.