Trotux.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Trotux.com)
Trotux.com is a search tool that is supposed to provide you with the best search results collected from various engines, however, if you make use of it, you will notice right away that it simply redirects you to Google.com.
It falls into the category of browser hijackers, because it can take over your browsers without your permission. The hijacker’s main goal has nothing to do with improving your online search experience. It was created to serve one purpose and that is to make profit for its developers. As there is nothing beneficial about it to you, we recommend that you terminate Trotux.com right away.
How does Trotux.com work?
The hijacker affects all browsers that you have got on your PC. Trotux.com gets set as your home page and default search engine as soon as the hijacker gets installed. The page does not look different from any other search site. Unfortunately, there is no point in using it, because you can simply use Google directly. Although the site itself may not contain any additional adverts, you are bound to notice an increase in the number of pop-ups, banners, links, coupons, and other ads that you see online. We advise that you stay away from these ads as they may be unsafe.
If you click on a fake advertisement, you will risk infecting your PC with malware, wasting your money on non-existent products, or suffering some other consequences of falling for a scam. You should not take such unnecessary risks. In addition to exposing you to unreliable data, the hijacker is also responsible for redirecting you to unknown sites, slowing down your browsing speed, and tracking your cookies. Clearly, you have enough reasons to delete Trotux.com for good. The next chapter explains how you can do that.
How to remove Trotux.com?
There are two Trotux.com removal methods that you can choose from: manual or automatic. The more effective solution is the automatic removal, because it allows you to clean your PC completely. If you download the anti-malware tool from our site, it will scan your system and detect all unwanted components. The utility will not only delete Trotux.com, but it will also make sure that other threats are eliminated from your computer as well. More than that, it will safeguard your PC from future infections you may encounter while surfing the Web. The alternative solution is to remove Trotux.com manually. You can do that by uninstalling its related app and resetting your browsers. Manual Trotux.com removal guide presented below the article can help you with these tasks.
Learn how to remove Trotux.com from your computer
Step 1. Manual Trotux.com Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
Step 2. Eliminate Trotux.com from browsers
a) Delete Trotux.com from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Trotux.com
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Trotux.com from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Trotux.com and set a new search engine
c) Trotux.com removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Trotux.com and set a new provider
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.